How Google’s Continuous Scroll Can Impact SEO
Google’s continuous scroll allows users to scroll down a page of search results without having to click through to another page. While continuous scroll is a great feature for users, it can have an impact on search engine optimization (SEO) for businesses. In this article, we will discuss how continuous scroll can impact SEO and what businesses should do to optimize their websites.
Impacts of Continuous Scroll on SEO
Continuous scrolling is changing the way search results are displayed and impacting SEO practices. One of the most significant impacts is that there will no longer be a clear “Page 1” of search results. Instead, users will continue to see results as they scroll down, making ranking on the first page irrelevant. However, continuous scroll can also lead to users scrolling further down the page than they would with traditional pagination, potentially increasing the visibility and click-through rates for lower-ranking domains.
Continuous scroll can also impact user behavior, as users may be more likely to stop scrolling after finding what they’re looking for on the first page of results, rather than scrolling through multiple pages as they would with traditional pagination. As a result, the top three search results may lose some attention, as users explore further down the page with continuous scrolling.
How to Optimize for Continuous Scroll
Given these potential impacts, those looking to optimize their website may need to adjust their strategies to optimize for continuous scrolling search results. Here are some tips to consider:
- Focus on ranking in the top 3 results, rather than “Page 1” or “Top 10.”
- Use compelling page titles to stand out in the crowded SERPs.
- Optimize for featured snippets, special characters, and emojis to make content more eye-catching.
- Optimize for all relevant keywords on the first page of results.
- Focus on producing high-quality, relevant content that answers users’ questions and meets their needs.
- Use descriptive and engaging titles and meta descriptions that accurately describe the content of the page and entice users to click through.
- Use structured data to provide information about business, products, and services.
Learn More About the Impact of Continuous Scroll on SEO
Google’s continuous scroll is a great feature for users, but it can have an impact on SEO for businesses. By optimizing their websites for continuous scroll, businesses can ensure that they rank well on the first page of results and continue to attract traffic and customers. To optimize for continuous scroll, businesses should focus on producing high-quality and relevant content, use descriptive and engaging titles and meta descriptions, use structured data, and monitor their rankings and traffic to make adjustments and optimize their websites. Contact BluShark Digital today to learn more about how Google’s continuous scroll may impact your SEO strategy.