Google has an emergency update of their chrome browser because 3 billion user data hack because of threats. all chrome browser(Windows, Mac, Linux, etc) user updates their browser fast.
Google confirmed the news on an official blog post, stating that a new High-level Zero-Day vulnerability (CVE-2022-0609) has been found in all Chrome browsers and it is openly being influenced by hackers.
Google also stated that further 6 High-risk threats have been discovered in the browser which impacts every operating system.
Security Fixes in Google Chrome Browser
This update includes 11 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
Google is currently restricting information about the new exploits, so this is all the information currently available:
- 1290008 High CVE-2022-0603: Use after free in File Manager. Reported by Chaoyuan Peng (@ret2happy) on 2022-01-22
- 1273397 High CVE-2022-0604: Heap buffer overflow in Tab Groups. Reported by Krace on 2021-11-24
- 1286940 High CVE-2022-0605: Use after free in Webstore API. Reported by Thomas Orlita on 2022-01-13
- [1288020 High CVE-2022-0606: Use after free in ANGLE. Reported by Cassidy Kim of Amber Security Lab, OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp. Ltd. on 2022-01-17
- 1250655 High CVE-2022-0607: Use after free in GPU. Reported by 0x74960 on 2021-09-17
- 1270333 High CVE-2022-0608: Integer overflow in Mojo. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2021-11-16
- 1296150 High CVE-2022-0609: Use after free in Animation. Reported by Adam Weidemann and Clément Lecigne of Google’s Threat Analysis Group on 2022-02-10
- 1285449 Medium CVE-2022-0610: Inappropriate implementation in Gamepad API. Reported by Anonymous on 2022-01-08
How to update Google Chrome for Laptop
In response to these hacks, Google has announced Chrome 98.0.4758.102. Google warns that the release “will roll out over the coming days/weeks”, so you may not be able to protect yourself immediately.
The problem is fixed with a new update numbered 98.0.4758.102, which is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Step 1: First open the chrome browser
Step 2: go to Help(click on 3 dots in the right corner)
Step 3: Check the google chrome browser version
If anyone has a 98.0.4758.102 and higher version so your system is fine for this vulnerability attack for chrome. If you have a lower version update your chrome browser.
The defect is what is known as a “zero-day bug”, meaning that Google had no time to fix the problem before it was out in the world.
It is the first time that Google has been forced to push out an emergency update this year.
The update will be pushed out to users automatically in “the coming days/weeks”, Google said. Chrome is able to update itself, and users should therefore get access to the update.
But users can trigger the update manually, by heading into the menus, choosing help and clicking “about Google Chrome”. That will check whether the software is updated.
1 thought on “Google Chrome 3 Billion User Risk Data – Now Fixed Issue -DTW”
Exceptional post but I was wondering if you could write a
litte more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.