Social media pros and cons:
Social media is the most used thing in today’s time. On social media sites, users may develop biographical profiles, communicate with friends and strangers, do research, and share thoughts, photos, music, links, and more.
We’ve seen social media move from being an early adopter’s marketing experiment to a tried and trusted channel for both B2C and B2B marketing. A site like Facebook could serve as an opportunistic launching pad for a new business owner, or it could be an inescapable source of negative peer pressure for a young teen.
So we will now know in full details what are the pros and cons of social media
Advantages of social media
- Social networking sites made it easier to find old friends or families as well as making new friends.
- Students with internet access at a rate of 50% have reported using social networking sites to discuss school work, and another 59% talk about instructive topics
- Social media is a marvellous opportunity to show your talent.
- Social media has also helped us learn be it education, skill, arts, etc.
- The biggest advantage of social media according to me is Marketing. Nowadays these platforms have become a trusted channel for both B2B and B2C businesses and also a platform where artists can promote their work.
- Social media is not just marketing – it’s a channel used for customer service, business intelligence, news, messaging, help and so much more.
- It is perfectly possible to run effective and successful social media campaigns with little or no budget.
- Social media sites help job seekers find work. Sites such as LinkedIn are a major resource that 89% of job recruiters take advantage of when looking to hire potential employees.
- Brings people of the same interests together.
- A tool to express an individual’s emotions.
- It is for fun and enjoyment. Tell me that this is also the best pros of social media. That we use it to spend our free time with our friends online.
Disadvantages of social media
- Social media promotes anti-social behaviour. People spend more time online and less time face-to-face.
- Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter are a direct cause of lost productivity at the workplace.
- Many blogs have turned into rumour mills, spreading misinformation that people tend to believe just because it’s on the web.
- Nowadays hackers are Hacking into profiles and posting as them. The hacker may misuse your private property. Hacking is known as an illegal activity.
- They bring out the nastiest conversation, because participants feel anonymous, or at least have some distance from those they are insulting
- Social media encourages Scams, Cyber bullying some of which might have extreme situations like suicide.
- It has a direct impact on our eyesight, physical fitness, the activity of the body, peace of mind, interactive skills, etc.
- Publicising your personal life is not always a good idea, as it may give rise to harmful activities sometimes, because, people get to know your private schedules and may take unwanted advantage of that.
- Your bad reaction to feedback will piss off other potential customers
- Social Media is a great place for a business but can also be a scam or a fraud in the name of a company.
- most of the people are suffers from depression, anxiety because they compare their life with others only.
Conclusion of social medial pros and cons
One such suggestion I would like to suggest to you is the name of the series “The Social Dilemma”. In this series, you will find answers to many questions related to social media. The pros and cons given above are given through research and experience. I hope this information will be useful to you.
Thank you for your great time ✨
2 thoughts on “Social media Pros and Cons for Youth & Students- DTW”